If you are already using Gantt-Chart for Jira Cloud, you may want to embed your Gantt diagrams in a Confluence page as well: that's pretty easy using the following steps for configuration, once.
- Confluence Cloud: install app "Gantt-Chart for Jira in Confluence (part 1/2)" from the Atlassian Marketplace as admin including a valid license.
- Confluence Cloud: install app "Gantt-Chart for Jira in Confluence (part 2/2, CORE)" from https://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/cloud as described below:
- switch into Confluence Administration on page "Manage apps" as system admin
- click on "Settings" at the bottom of the page "Manage apps": a pop-up occurs with additional options
- enable development mode via the checkbox as displayed below and commit by clicking on the button "Apply" at the bottom of the pop-up:
Development mode allows the installation of Atlassian Connect app descriptors that are not from the Atlassian Marketplace.
- then reload that page e.g. hit F5. Now, you should see the additional link text "Upload app" like shown below:
- click on the link "Upload app" on your page "Manage apps"
- enter the following URL into the input field of the occurring pop-up:
- commit by clicking on the button "Upload"
- Now, you can add "Gantt-Chart" as a macro on any Confluence page specifying the related Jira project to be displayed.
- Additionally, you have to add the macro "Gantt-Chart enabled" provided by the app "Gantt-Chart for Jira in Confluence (part 1/2)" via the Atlassian Marketplace.
Generally, this macro is not listed if you click on "+": you have to choose "Other macros", click on section "External-content" and select "Gantt-Chart enabled".
If you are already using the new page layout of Confluence, then it looks a little bit different:
Regardless, if you click on "Other macros" or "View macros", in both cases you can search for "Gantt" to immediately see both necessary macros:
This results in an embedded Gantt-Chart on your Confluence page:
Expand to full width
Embedded Gantt-Chart from my Jira Cloud, here: